What is Deduction Code 25?
Code 25s are triggered when Walmart claims to have received no shipment at all for the PO for which you are invoicing.
How to Prevent Valid Code 25s
- Best practice is to not invoice before the order is shipped. If Walmart receives an invoice for goods not yet received they will cancel the invoice.
- Do not re-invoice once goods are delivered, rather prove that the order was delivered. If you re-invoice after goods are received Walmart will likely hit you with a code 30 for duplicate billing.
Can Code 25s be Disputed?
Yes. Provide the correct shipping documents to prove that the PO was delivered in full.
How to Dispute Invalid Code 25s
- Freight bill showing in full
- Collect: Bill of lading signed by the driver showing the PO was picked up in full. The Purchase Order number should be clearly noted in this document.
- Prepaid: Proof of delivery showing the PO was received in full. The Purchase Order number should be clearly noted in this document.
- Invoice (EDI 810) showing order quantity